Jun 15, 2017
Easy to follow and with great teachers commenting on the pragmatic issues of licensing and fair use, which is invaluable for the foreign student, no matter his degree.
Nov 19, 2016
Excellent course, incredibly informative and very well taught. Highly recommend to anyone interested in entertainment as well as the laws and liability involved.
автор: Jessica A•
May 20, 2019
I enjoyed taking this class. The amount of 1-5 coursework assignments due per week is a bit much. This course work should be spread out more.
I appreciate, the ability to download the videos and the transcripts of the videos. It would be helpful if the highlighted, saved notes, could be transferred to a document. These notes are only accessible as long as the video is being played on the course website.
It helps that students can take the test at least three times. When a quiz is submitted, the question and a mark, indicating whether the answer is correct or incorrect are displayed. Having the question and the multiple-choice answers displayed, after submission, would help students understand why they chose their answers, right or wrong and how they can improve by correcting their mistake.
There should be a discussion form to communicate directly with the instructors. I have posted a question and a comment during the course and both times no reply was given by a student or instructor. One posting was in reference to a video that was required viewing for the course. It is no longer available on YouTube.
The deadline for course assignments on the Coursera app does not match the assigned deadlines on the website.
автор: Hongjun Z•
Apr 18, 2019
A nice course，Very detailed！
автор: Ana G M•
Mar 18, 2019
автор: Anthony C v•
Feb 16, 2019
Then information is applicable but the delivery is substantially weak. The quiz questions are far too long and should be heavily revised and re-edited. Overall, I rate it three stars because more effort should have been put into it's creation. As is, it feels amateurish at best, tedious at its worst.
автор: Beth K•
Jan 06, 2019
I don't know how you did it; you made the subject of copyright law fascinating. And you clearly and presented very important and useful information. Thank you.
автор: Jessie A•
Oct 23, 2018
This was a great course! I would suggest a few edits:
1) During the video from week 3, 1955 was initially noted as the year that limited performance rights were granted over transmission via digital network such as online radio. I circled that with a big question mark because I thought that was a bit ahead of time. Then later it was clarified as 1995. Also, I believe there was a date mix up somewhere around the Feb. 15, 1972 date. It would be nice to add more information on that, I only saw that each state has different regulated laws on this during the quiz. I don't remember hearing about it in lecture.
2) some of the quiz questions were too long and more like riddles rather than just asking important and relevant questions about copyright.
1) The week 3 deadline said 10/22 at midnight. Then when I went to take the course it said it was due at 10/21 by midnight.
2) it would be nice to see the answers to the quiz. Both what you got wrong and the correct answer to the question. I understand that you can retake the quiz, so you don't want to release the answer too soon, but it would be helpful to review and check.
3) it would be helpful to have all the course material accessible in one place so we could review it later.
Overall, the professors put together a great presentation and did a great job simplifying some very complex laws that everyone with a smartphone should be aware of! Thank you.
автор: Ashim C M•
Sep 07, 2018
As a student opting to be a filmmaker, this course has been very helpful in making me conscious about what mistakes I might make in the years to come.
автор: Matt G•
Jul 29, 2018
Course full of very helpful information concerning copyright in multimedia. However, video production could have been better. It would have made the course easier to follow as a learner if the course had slides or bullet points on screen to aid with following the lessons.
автор: Ivan C•
Jul 25, 2018
Comprehensive and educational course about copyright for all types of materials.
автор: Thiyaneshwaran V•
Jun 12, 2018
This is my first course on Copyrights. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great course for the beginners in the field of Copyrights ..Thank you very much.
автор: Yahaya, I L•
Mar 08, 2018
I loved every bit of the lectures. It served as a refresher course for me. Thank you once again
автор: Kevin J•
Feb 03, 2018
Good course, loads of information
автор: Elizabeth M•
Jan 21, 2018
This was super helpful! I learned so much!
автор: Roberto E L•
Dec 06, 2017
Very nice approach to a not very easy course
автор: Rajesh V•
Nov 21, 2017
Excellent course and gives lots of information about the US copyright law.
автор: Anne K•
Oct 30, 2017
Great course! Thank you all!
автор: Andrew T•
Aug 31, 2017
Great course, with, I'd say, advanced information for beginners
автор: Georgia A B•
Aug 23, 2017
A very good introduction to copyright, fair use, and licensing for all types of multimedia. The 5-step framework is particularly helpful.
автор: Yoo M•
Aug 04, 2017
автор: Chris M•
Aug 02, 2017
All the resources you need to make informed decisions on copyright issues for various media.
автор: Kurt B•
Jul 19, 2017
Highly interesting and engaging course.
автор: Presita S•
Jul 12, 2017
This was a really great course and has increased my interest and knowledge in intellectual property law.
автор: Greg C•
Jul 01, 2017
Very useful, thanks!
автор: Anne B C•
Jul 01, 2017
Very informative but as a visual learner, I would have enjoy a more visual video. I also commend the reading material as well.
автор: Черных В Н•
Jun 29, 2017