Feb 21, 2016
This course has been absolutely terrific! The knowledge and insight this has briefed me with has been very useful, and makes more than a lot of sense. Thank You Mr. Prinstein, and Thank You Coursera!
May 11, 2018
This was amazing, really interesting, well presented. A good insight into how our friendships while of school age can impact on our adulthood and how this is so often repeated down the generations.
Oct 29, 2018
The course itself is great and have a lot of awesome points, such as:
- interesting subject and I couldn't wait to finish it.
- it helped me to understand what exactly is my problem with peers and romantic relationship. Now I have clear goals to work with: no hostile attribution bias, not to be excessive reassurance seeker.
Though, for my point of view it needs some polish.
- Entire course is possible to complete in 1 day, due to NO homework, NO lectures, NO extra resources for study.
- The topic is not disclosed and leaves more questions than answers. Lecture "Does popularity change when moving to a new context?". Why they didn't make experiment with selecting only popular kinds from all schools and putting them together? Most probably, roles would change. There was similar experiment on rats https://steemit.com/psychology/@natord/social-roles-exploiter-worker-whipping-boy-and-independent
- No links to resources. I would like to see more details on experiments. I would like to know more data of experiments such as how many children were participating?
- Data is not structured. Charts with one axis, one curve with two names. The idea is clear, but not mathematically expressed correctly.
- Strange analyze of data. Difference of 6% considers as a huge one, difference of 30% not important.
- Contradictive course. First he said it's almost impossible to change group, later he provides fact that in 2 year 58% of not aggressive - rejected (50% of all rejected) kids becomes not rejected.
- Some terms are not explained and used as everybody should know it. For example I find internalizing/externalizing symptoms not very common.
автор: Rohit N•
Jun 08, 2017
The topic itself is such a novel one to dissect. Popularity effects/ affects us in many ways and the studies undertaken in this course explains how society shapes you in a certain way. Good or Bad it's a great revelation for one and all as we understand ourselves a bit better after we take the course.
For me it was enlightening at multiple levels.
Certain aspects of the study isn't covered though. Children can belong to varied categories based on their peer group. In this course the study assumes that children will belong to one peer group at a time. Peer groups can vary in a child's life - for eg: the peer group of their school would be different from the one in their neighbourhood. This case isn't considered and this would open up a whole new set of possibilities in understanding a person's mental make up.
But it's a great first step. Kudos.
автор: Martha L•
Feb 15, 2018
I feel we deserve to be given a list of references. This course begs the question of how to heal from popularity wounds, and how to be popular which were both not addressed at all. Very disappointing.
автор: Andrei A I•
Jul 20, 2017
I guess the course was OK. I really liked the models in the first videos, which looked at the difference between visibility and likability. The last two weeks contained videos which I believed were a bit redundant, and did not add much new information.
I would also have liked the course more if it would have delivered some tools for dealing with popularity situations both at work and in our social circles.
автор: Kelly D•
Feb 08, 2017
This course was heavy on data and light on implications and course corrections. It would have been more helpful to outline the types of behaviors that make an individual fall into a specific category socially and how to change what your currently do to enhance your social likability.
автор: Shruthi G•
Nov 11, 2018
easy to understand and simple learning
Feb 26, 2019
Loved how sensitive the instructor has been about various topics. He's been enthusiastic as well. Not only did I learn a lot, I eagerly wrote to my friends, every time I came across an insight- which always ended in a rich conversation.
I'm much grateful.
автор: Galeak G D•
Mar 11, 2019
I really like this course it make me self resilience
автор: Jhun C R•
Jul 19, 2018
in today's issues this course is very much relevant and helpful to everyone
автор: Marta F•
Sep 09, 2018
Great course!! Before knowing that there is such thing as psychology of popularity I knew intuitively that popularity had to be a big factor deserving of study. Growing up I was very aware of how popular some people were and the power they had on the rest -most of the time unknowingly. The social dynamics are so interesting. This course was amazing to me. Thank you!!
автор: Mohamed I E•
Oct 02, 2018
It was such great experience to gain. Many things were cleared fair enough that have had been blurry for a long time.
автор: Jia L•
Oct 24, 2018
автор: Maria R V H•
Nov 05, 2018
I'm from Perú and I found it really interesting. All the lectures are very clear. I can relate what I learned here with the social interaction I see at work.
автор: Stacey W B•
Nov 19, 2017
I found this class to be very informative. I wondered why some of the studies were dated and how the results might be different in today's world. Thank you for this valuable class!
Jan 22, 2016
Great course, beyond all expectations! Gives very structured info on social behavior patterns and outcomes from that behavior. Highly recommended.
автор: Sandra H S•
Nov 14, 2016
автор: Cindy V•
Dec 29, 2016
Great information delivered in an engaging way. Thank you!
автор: Ching-Yin T•
Nov 01, 2016
Interesting and engaging - thank you!
автор: Veronica V•
Jul 25, 2016
Excellent!! Very evidenced based and complete. Thank you very much!
автор: Renu G•
Nov 09, 2015
автор: Lisa S•
Feb 22, 2016
This course was very insightful. I would love to learn more and about suggestions for taking this learning further into adulthood and what popularity means in the workplace and beyond. Though we touched on it, I think there is a lot more yet to discover. Thanks!
автор: Karin C•
Dec 09, 2016
This course offers very important tools to detect violence from the popularity perspective through signs and symptoms of children and teenagers behavior. I can widely recommend this course.
автор: Kyle y•
Dec 18, 2015
Very interesting. Something I never knew mattered as much really does. The course has added to my curiosity.
автор: Giulia G•
Nov 13, 2016
Extremely informative, engaging, rigorous, and instructive. A must-follow!
автор: Siskos G•
Feb 13, 2016
An excellent course on understanding the basics of popularity