Great course. Difficult to apprehend sometimes as the Frequentist paradigm is learned first but once you get it, it is really amazing to see the believe update in action with data.
I like this course a lot. Explanations are clear and much of the (unnecessarily heavyweight) maths is glossed over. I particularly liked the sections on Bayesian model selection.
автор: Guillermo U O G•
I really loved the previous courses because their reading material which was very good complimented by the video lectures, nevertheless, in this course, many of the video lectures was the repetition of the main book.
автор: Pedro E•
Course is much harder to follow than previous courses. Due to change of instructors, the notation used wasn't always introduced before and is not explained. Feels rushed if you hadn't previous notions of the subject.
автор: Sophie G•
Really hard to follow and finish, especially compared to the other classes in this specialization.
The concepts might be more complex, but the way they're taught also adds to the difficulty, in my opinion.
автор: Marcus V C A•
I think the content is very good, as well as the online book and the supplementary material. But the videos for Weeks 3 and 4 could be better ... In my opinion, they should be longer and more explanatory.
автор: Amy W•
Until the last two weeks, this course was very good. The lectures in the last couple of weeks contained lots of information and not very many examples. The third week, especially, was overwhelming.
автор: Shaurya J S•
Not as good as other courses in this specialization. Most of the times the focus was to teach the method of performing a Bayesian Statistical process rather than teaching the actual concept.
автор: Ganesh H•
I felt the course ramps up from the basics way too quickly. I didn't like the pacing in the course compared to other courses in the same specialization, although I did learn a lot.
автор: Luv S•
Explanations not simplified as compared to the other courses in the specialisation. Very difficult to comprehend. Instructor should take more time to explain the fundamentals.
автор: Jennifer g e•
I learned a lot but i think the teachers should explain with more examples, the things they explain seem very abstract and i had to look for extra help.
автор: Santiago S•
Se trata de explicar términos matemáticamente complejos de una manera muy general y vaga dificultando el entendimiento y el aprendizaje del tema.
автор: Tasmeem J M•
This course gave me a hard time. The lectures from week 3 and 4 seemed difficult, some more resources would be helpful.
автор: Stephanie A•
Like in all courses of this specialization, the peer assignment was a real bottle-neck in the completion of the course.
автор: Pauline Z•
This is certainly a good introduction. But it did not help me to be independent on bayesian statistics
The explaining for some bayesian methods are unclear, which make it harder for new learner to follow.
автор: Robert M M•
Slides poor compared to 3 earlier modules and instructor not as engaging. However, the labs are good.
автор: Stefan H•
Find it hard to follow the lectures. The labs and supplement material is good though.
автор: Kalle K•
A useful course, but very demanding. Many of the lectures are fast-paced.
автор: Gustavo S B•
I would recommend to include more weeks; slow down and go deeper
автор: Li Z•
Some contents are just too difficult to understand fully.
автор: Christopher C•
Very heavy information very quickly otherwise - great
автор: Derrick Y•
Good course, but need more details.
автор: Xinyi L•
not very interested
автор: Kshitij T•
автор: Vivian Y Q•
автор: Thomas C•
Unfortunately I found this course to be inferior to the Inferential Statistics course. Below are some comments which will hopefully help you to improve the course.
- The lectures more or less repeated the textbook verbatim. When learning, it's helpful to be exposed to different examples. The lectures did not help if I didn't understand something from the textbook.
- The textbook was filled with spelling and grammatical errors, which affected my understanding at times. Ditto for the supplementary materials (although I did appreciate their presence).
- The pop-up windows for the questions during the lectures were poorly formatted (at least using Chrome).
- I would recommend redesigning the course. Begin by clarifying the philosophical differences between Inferential and Bayesian statistics. E.g. discuss the likelihood principle, the conditionality principle, etc. I had to look this stuff up myself to understand the fundamental differences between the two approaches.
- An explicit guide of when to apply different priors would have been useful. E.g. I have this data, I have this belief about it, I want to get this type of answer, so which prior should I use?
- I think a deep-dive on a smaller amount of material would have been better. It would have been helpful to slowly and deliberately go through each step of Bayesian inference, rather than rushing through a larger number of examples.
- Similar to the point above, it would have been helpful if you did not wrap the R functions. Instead, show us the source code and explain what each line does.
- The amount of time spent on Bayesian regression was puzzling, as the results were noted to be numerically equivalent to frequentist regression. Why not teach us something new, and only highlight the difference in interpretation?
Thank you, and I hope you can improve this course in the future. I would not recommend it at this point, although I would recommend the frequentist course.